Welcome to Economyz! We are very happy you have chosen to join our community – to do your bit and reduce your impact on the environment.
- Please read them carefully before you accept them. Using our App and website implies that you agree to our agreements. These agreements will apply to the relationship between you and Economyz until you cease to be a user (registered or otherwise) of our Service. If you do not agree to these agreements then you should not use our Service.
- Our app is for people who are 18 years or older only. By using the App you confirm that you are 18 years or older.
2. Who We Are
- The Economyz App and website is operated by Economyz Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”, “Economyz”), a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 12354792 and whose registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU.
- In providing Account Information Services, which are regulated under the Payment Services Regulations 2017, Economyz is acting as an agent of TrueLayer, who is providing the regulated Account Information Service, and who is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as an Authorised Payment Institution (reference number: 793171). Truelayer Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales (company reg. no. 10278251) with its registered office at 3rd Floor 1 Hardwick Street, London, United Kingdom, EC1R 4RB.
3. The Service
- Economyz provides you with an App to estimate and track your carbon impact automatically based on your purchase data and other information you provide, and discover various actions you can take to reduce your carbon impact, including third party products rated sustainable by Economyz and carbon offset programmes.
- The Service will allow you to upload transaction details of your accounts maintained with third-party product providers (e.g. with banks) and access details on both the financial amounts and equivalent carbon impact of those accounts on our App. Using our algorithms, we identify opportunities for you to reduce your carbon impact and potentially save you money, and we display this information to you. The App is provided for your information only. You acknowledge that, while we aim to keep the information relevant to you, any actions you take (or don’t take) based on our app are solely your decision and we provide no financial or other form of advice through our App.
- You acknowledge that the Service is neither endorsed or sponsored by nor endorses or sponsors the third-party product providers that hold your accounts.
- We expect to update the App from time to time to improve and add features and functionality to it. Depending on the update, you may not be able to use the App till you have downloaded the latest version and accepted any new or additional terms.
- In order to use the App, you are required to have a compatible device and supported software on this. In order to deliver you our services and keep them safe and up-to-date, we might ask you to update your device or may decide to no longer support certain devices or certain software.
- You acknowledge that the Economyz Service is dependent upon other people (third parties). We try to ensure that the Service is available to you at all times, though we can't promise that it will always be available or work perfectly. These events are sometimes outside of our control. If you have any issues with the Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you.
4. Access to the Service
- You can access our Service through our website as a guest or you need to register on the Economyz App to use it. This will create a unique account in our App (your “Login”). When you create a Login, you can create your own unique PIN to access the App on your device.
- For security reasons, you should never reveal your PIN to anyone else or allow anyone else to access your account on your behalf. If you suspect that your PIN or any other details may have been lost or stolen, or that someone else has used it without your permission, you must tell us as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com so we can deactivate your account.
- You agree to cooperate with all requests made by us to identify you and verify your identity and we may make this conditional for granting you access, or continued access, to our App or Service. This verification may include asking you for personal information to help us identify you, including requiring you to take a photo of your identification documents and a selfie. We may verify your information against third party databases or through other sources.
- You may link to any page of our Website, provided that you do so in a way that is legal and that does not damage or take advantage of our reputation nor suggest any form of association or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify, adapt or alter another website so as to inaccurately imply an association with the Service or with Economyz.
- You must not access the Service via a means not explicitly authorised by Economyz, including, but not limited to, automated devices, scripts, bots, spiders, crawlers or scrapers.
5. Your Account Information, Carbon Information and Other Content
- To make the most of our Service, you must first provide an instruction to our Regulated Partner, Truelayer Limited (“Truelayer”), to retrieve your financial transactional information from banks and other financial providers you already have a relationship with (“Account Information”).
- To keep the App up to date, we will use our automatic tools to access the Account Information: on a regular basis (usually, several times every day if we hold the necessary login information). Your explicit consent to us to access specific Accounts or Providers may be subject to time limits (e.g. 90 days) – once we reach these time limits you will need to provide a confirmation of your explicit consent through the App if you wish us to be able to continue accessing and retrieving Account Information from your relevant Provider(s).
- Where you use third party products and services linked to our App, you will enter into a direct contract with those Partners or the providers that our Partners introduce you to. These are all third-party products and service, not Economyz products or services - we do not assume any responsibility or liability for those third-party products or services. We suggest to always carefully ready the terms and conditions connected to the Partner products and services and the information they provide in relation to those products or services. Partners might change their products or services in some cases. Economyz cannot check or validate this - it is your responsibility and we cannot be held liable or responsible for it.
- In order to continue to build and maintain a product that our users love, we need to be funded to support the team behind Economyz. Where you are accessing carbon offset programmes from within our App, you acknowledge that we will charge a fee as part of the total amount you contribute to the offset, with the net amount being paid to the offset programme partner. Where you are accessing products and offers from third-party product providers on our App, we may receive a payment from the product providers. We don't compromise ourselves by using those that will give us the largest payments – but those we think are the best fit for the users of our App
6. Proprietary Rights and License
- You will not, nor allow third parties on your behalf, to: a.) make copies of our App or website; b.) attempt to copy, alter, reverse engineer, decompile or create derivative works of our App or Service; c.) rent, sub-license, or sell our Service to anyone else; d.) amend, modify or frame our website on any other website.
- Any material you share on our website or App on an unsolicited basis will be treated as non-confidential and not owned. This means that we can copy it, distribute it, and show it to other people for any purpose. You agree that if anyone else claims to own the material, or says that it breaches their rights, we can give them your identity.
7. Acceptable Use Restrictions
You must not:
- allow anyone else to use the App installed on your device and with your Account Information;
- use the Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security (for example, we expect fair levels of use and would not expect you to make a large number of manual requests for Account Information to be updated);
- attempt to alter, interfere with, damage or decipher any part of the Service or its security measures, transmissions to or from the servers running any service, or other equipment or networks connected to the Service, including in each case by transmitting any worms, computer viruses, malware, logic bombs, Trojan horses, spyware, harmful components or any other software, code or data of a corrupt, destructive, malicious or disruptive nature (together "Viruses");
- If you do anything which is a criminal offence under a law called the Computer Misuse Act 1990, your right to use the Service will end straightaway. We will report you to the relevant authorities and give them your identity.
8. Data Protection and Privacy
9. Suspension and Termination
- Stopping your access to our Service temporarily or permanently
- Removing content you have shared on our website or App
- Sending you a warning
- Taking legal action, including for reimbursement of all costs to us resulting from the breach
- Informing the relevant law enforcement authorities as we deem necessary
- We may also choose to suspend or terminate your access to our Service at any time, with or without notice, for other reasons. Some examples, though not exhaustive, include:
- We suspect your App security has been breached or fraudulently accessed
- We are unable to identify or authenticate your identity
- You are inactive for a period of time on our App
10. Limitation of Liability
- The Economyz Service has not been developed to meet your individual circumstances. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Service meets your needs.
- We only offer our Service for personal / domestic use. We have no liability to you for any to you arising from the use of our Service, or for any loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We have no liability to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment including your devices as a result of the installation or use of the App, or any costs you bear to run our App.
- All information, content and material on our App is provided for information only. It is not financial or professional advice. You should not rely on information, content or materials on the App as the sole basis for making any decisions. You should use your own judgment, and seek professional advice if appropriate. You agree that we are not responsible or liable to you for the consequences of any actions you take or don’t take based on information on our Service, third party products or services accessed from our App, or any dealings you have with third parties presented through our Service.
- If it relates to us not having met our obligations under the applicable law to protect your information or keep it secure, or it relates to any obligation under the applicable law that we cannot exclude (or limit, to the extent that it cannot be limited), then we accept that liability in full as required by the law;
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all implied warranties with regard to our Service. We do not promise that the information, content or materials displayed on our App or website are accurate, sufficient or error-free. We do not promise that the information on our system is, when accessed by you, up-to-date or complete. The App, website and software are provided "as is" and "as available" without warranty of any kind.
- We won't be legally responsible to you for any damage from viruses or other harmful material that you pick up via our website or App. You should employ appropriate security protection on your devices and in accessing our Services.
12. Problems, Questions, Complaints
- If you have any questions, problems or complaints you want to raise, please contact us in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send the email from the account you have signed up to Economyz with, and include the following information: your name, telephone number and a description of your problem. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
- If you remain unhappy after we have responded to you and tried to resolve your situation, you may be entitled to refer your complaint further to the Financial Ombudsman (FOS). Further information about the FOS is available from their website www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
- You may also submit a dispute for online resolution by using the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution Platform at https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/.
13. Changes to the Terms
- We may change these terms from time to time and you must check them for changes because they are binding on you. Where required or practical, we will give you reasonable notice. We will communicate changes via our website or within the App or via email to you, depending on the nature of the changes.
14. Keeping in Touch
- We will normally contact you using Push Notifications on your phone (unless you choose to disable it from within your device), or within the App itself, or the email address you have provided to us at the time of signing up. In some circumstances, it may also be appropriate for us to contact you through other means (such as telephone) where you have provided your number to us and it's helpful to talk things through. When we communicate with you (including by telephone) we may need to monitor and keep a record of that communication for quality and training purposes.
- Please remember to tell us if your details change. If we discover or suspect fraud or a security threat, we will need to contact you. Equally, for security reasons, we may block use of the Economyz Service if we are unable to contact you or don't receive a response when we try to do so.
15. Other Important Terms
- Failure or delay to enforce your performance of any of your obligations or our rights against you will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. Any waiver would need to be given by us in writing.
Thank You for using our service.
LAST UPDATED: 26 June 2020